The Museum Adventure Pass program provides special offers and discounts to library cardholders at unique cultural destinations throughout the Chicago area. Participating destinations include beautiful outdoor spaces such as Brookfield Zoo, Cantigny Park, and Chicago Botanic Garden, historical facilities such as Oak Park’s Pleasant Home Foundation and Naper Settlement, and kid-centric museums Bronzeville Children’s Museum, The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn, and Legoland Discovery Center.
How do I use a Museum Adventure Pass?
- Find participating organizations, offers and restrictions at museumadventure.org.
- Ask about pass availability in person at the Main Library, Maze Branch, and Dole Branch.
- Bring your library card to pick up your pass in person.
- Passes are free, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One pass may be borrowed per person, per loan period.
- Use within seven days of receiving your pass.
- Take the pass, your library card, and photo ID with you on your museum visit.
Upcoming free museum days
Many big Chicago museums that are not in our Museum Adventure Pass program offer free admission days for Illinois residents with valid ID. Dates and offers are subject to change, so make sure to check with the institution before you go.
- June 21
October 8, 21, 24, 25
November 11, 12, 14, 15
December 1, 3-7, 10
- Thursdays, 5-8 pm
- Always free for kids under 14
- Always free for Chicago residents ages 14-17
- Thursdays, 5–8 pm (free admission for all visitors)
- First Sunday of each month (free admission for visitors 15 and under)
- Tuesdays, 12:30-7:30 pm (exclusions apply)
- Commemorative Days: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, March 4, and July 4
- Always free for kids under 18
- June 20-22
- June 4–7, 11–12
September 4–6, 10–13, 17–20, 24–27
- Thursdays (suggested donation day)
- June 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19
- September 4-30
- October 3, 10