Personal Identification Number (PIN)
Usually the last four digits of an account's primary phone number, you may change your PIN after you log into your account. Here's how:
- In the "Personal Information" tab, click "Change PIN."
- Enter your current PIN (the last four digits of your primary phone number).
- Enter your desired new PIN.
- Confirm your new PIN by entering it again.
- Click “Update.”
Your new PIN should now be saved. PINs can also be reset by clicking Forgot My PIN from the catalog login screen. Please note: to protect patron privacy, library staff can remotely reset a PIN (so you can change it) but cannot share a PIN over the phone or via email
- Access the catalog directly at https://catalog.swanlibraries.
net/opsor from the "Catalog" button in the header of this website.
- To log in, enter your library card number (the 14-digit number under the card's bar code) and your PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number on your account).
- Click “My Account” in the upper right corner to view your checkouts and holds, pay fines, and more.
- Within your account page you may also view your personal information, change your PIN, and set your preferences.
- Need help determining your PIN?
- All PINs were reset on Tuesday, April 14, 2015, as the last four digits of each account's primary phone number.
- Ask at any library service desk or contact us now.
Set your preferences
With the new catalog comes new opportunities for setting personal preferences in the “Preferences” section of your account page. These include:
- “Default Language” lets you select which language you want the system to use.
- “Default My Account Tab” lets you select which tab opens when you access your account.
- “Default Checkouts View” lets you choose to view your digital checkouts or library (physical) checkouts when you first open the "Checkouts" tab.
- “Show my checkout history” and “Record my checkout history” enable the system to keep track of materials you borrow.
Search the catalog
Search once to find physical and digital materials.
- Type your search term in the search box at the top of the page and click “Search.”
- Browsable results will appear in the middle of the page.
- Look to the left for ways to fine-tune your results by format, author, language, and more.
- Create more specific searches with the two drop-down boxes in the search bar.
- The first drop-down allows you to limit results to only physical materials, only digital materials, or only materials owned at your home library.
- The second drop-down allows you to search by title, author, subject, and more.
- Results can be sorted by relevance, title, author, or more with the drop-down at the upper right of the search results.
Renew an item
Once you have logged in to your account, you may renew some items. Here's how:
- Click the check box to the left of the item you’d like to renew.
- Click the “Renew” button.
- Confirm that you wish to renew the selected item.
Place a hold
- After finding an item, click “Place Hold.”
- If you are not logged in, you will be asked to enter your card number and PIN.
- Confirm or change your Pickup Library and click "Place Hold(s)."
- The item will appear on your account page under the “Holds” tab.
Check out a digital item
- After logging in and finding an item, select either the "Download" button (for available-now content) or the "Place Hold" button (for items that are checked out).
- Follow the prompts to select the format you need (when multiple options are available).
- Not sure what digital option you need? Check our Compatability Grid.
See what you've checked out
- The “Checkouts” tab has three sections: "Library Checkouts," "Digital Checkouts," and "Checkout History."
- If you have any overdue items, an alert icon will appear in this tab.
- The "Library Checkouts" tab shows physical items that you currently have checked out.
- The "Digital Checkouts" tab shows ebooks and other digital materials that you currently have checked out.
- If you have chosen to keep a record of your checkout history, you can view it under the "Checkout History" section.